Capstone Discussion Week 2
In order to expand your awareness of the range of jobs that are currently available in the child development field, this Discussion requires you to explore and share the possibilities by locating current job openings of interest to you. To begin, go to a job search engine of your choice (e.g., Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com) and search for current job openings in the field of child and/or adolescent development. You can search for openings based on information gained from the Learning Resources this week as well as jobs in the field you might never have considered before. For the sake of this Discussion, do not restrict yourself to the area in which you live; pretend that you could move anywhere. Your goal is to expand your awareness (and your colleagues’) of the current job market and job possibilities. By the end of your search, you should:
- Identify at least two jobs you could apply for with your current background and schooling.
- Identify one job that interests you but requires additional education.
With these thoughts in mind, follow the instructions below to post your response to this Discussion topic.
- The three jobs you chose and why each appealed to you
- Salary range (if available)
- Job description and experience/education requirements
- At least two dispositions you think would be needed for each job, and why
- A summary of what you learned from this exploration
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings. As you read their responses, note those to which you would like to respond with advice, questions, comments, and/or encouragement.
Respond to at least two of your colleagues’ postings in any of the following ways:
- Build on something your colleague said.
- Explain why and how you see things differently.
- Ask a probing or clarifying question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting.
- Ask for evidence that supports the posting.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Consider what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.