PreparationUse the organization and characteristics, described in the Mega-Corp Case Study found in the Resources under the heading, Capella Resources, as the context in which to answer the bullet poi
Use the organization and characteristics, described in the Mega-Corp Case Study found in the Resources under the heading, Capella Resources, as the context in which to answer the bullet points in this assessment. The scoring rubric informs the level of detail that is required to achieve each competency level.
The sales manager for Berbee Consulting, sensing the potential loss of the Mega-Corp contract, arranged a meeting with the board of directors in which they provided a number of examples where failure of IT administrators to properly configure their devices has led to potential security vulnerabilities, which Berbee was able to detect and correct. You have been charged with creating a presentation for IT administrators and leadership that recommends the creation of procedures to secure configuration management.
Create a 15–18 slide PowerPoint presentation in which you complete the following:
- Describe an effective process that organizations should follow to ensure proper configuration management of operating systems and applications.
- Explain the role that security standards play in development of an information security program.
- Describe commonly used information security management models and standards bodies.
- Evaluate the roles that are appropriate for participation in a security administration and policy planning team.
- Explain how password configuration and policy impact the overall strength of an organization’s access control and authentication strategies.
- Recommend procedures to support coordinated effort between IT and information security, that will support the security life cycle and secure configuration of network devices.