THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A WOMAN’S VOICE IN LITERATURE TODAY AND IN THE PAST.
Insight Journal – Unit 5
- Insight Journal – Unit 5 Scoring Guide.
- Capella Undergraduate Writing Center – APA Citing and Referencing.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 4: Envision the present and future role and place of women.
- Explain how women’s writing has changed during the last century.
- Describe the differences between a woman’s voice in literature today and in the past.
- Explore the cultural diversity of women authors in current literature.
- Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
In this unit, you have studied some contemporary women’s literature and the developments in the field over the last century. Based on your studies and other activities in this unit, answer the following:
- Describe examples of how women have emerged as writers in the last century .
- Do you see the woman’s voice as more audible in today’s society? Why or why not?
- What diverse voices do you see emerging? What voices are yet to be heard?
Use the Insight Journal template you submitted in Unit 4 to record your entries. Use the same document for all journal entries, adding new entries to build your journal throughout the course.
- Each journal entry should be about 250 words in length, which is about one page.
- Support of your response to the given journal topic, reflect on the unit’s readings, lecture, and video.
- Record ideas, feelings, special phrases, interesting ideas, people, places, or things you want to remember.
- Ask radical questions; agree or disagree with the unit’s material.
- Follow APA formatting guidelines for your journal entry.
Review the Insight Journal – Unit 5 Scoring Guide to ensure you have met all of the criteria of the assignment.
Submit your Insight Journal in the assignment area.