Analyzing with ANOVA
This assignment provides you an opportunity to design an appropriate one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA), identify independent variables (IVs) and dependent variables (DVs), and modify the one-way ANOVAs of your classmates to two-way ANOVAs.
In a minimum of about 300–500 words, post your responses to the Discussion Area, addressing the following:
· Design a study that would fit the requirements for a one-way ANOVA within the sports and exercise psychology field. Identify the following:
· Your IV and DV
· Null and alternative hypotheses
· Conditions under which you would use a post hoc test
· Modify the one-way ANOVAs of two of your classmates to make them into two-way factorial ANOVAs. Identify the following:
· The second IV that was introduced
· Hypotheses regarding the main effects and interaction effects
· An explanation of how the new design improves the study, making it more efficient and comprehensive
Give reasons in support of your responses. Your discussion posts and all written assignments should reflect graduate-level writing skills and appropriate use of APA style, including in-text citations and references.
Support your rationale and analysis by using at least two resources from professional literature in your response. Professional literature may include relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu or .gov).
Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions
Quality of responses to classmates
Frequency of responses to classmates
Reference to supporting readings and other materials
Language and grammar