- Do you think the Disney Theme Park case satisfies the requirements of the Fifth Amendment? Why or why not?
- What do you think are the potential costs and benefits of the Disney Theme Park to the City of Anaheim? Do you think the City made a right decision? Why or why not?
- What if you were a citizen living in or having a property in the affected area, would your position change, why or why not?
You need to post your essay in the discussion board and respond to one of your colleagues’ postings. Your initial post is to be posted to the Discussion Board first before you can see others’ postings. While there are no strict guidelines on the length of posts to the Discussion Board, new post should be approximately 300~500 words.
Research, review, and analyze Anti-Miscegenation Statutes in the United States and chose two (2) relevant cases. Then, write a 4-5 page paper in which you:
- Analyze and evaluate each case independently by providing the following (about two paragraphs per case):
- Facts of the case
- Compare and contrast both cases in regards to the Anti-Miscegenation Statutes.
- Analyze how this statute could have influenced Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483 (1954) and the Fourteenth Amendment.
- Explain the significance of this statute to the Defense of Marriage Act (DOM).