ECH 435 Topic 3 Formative/Summative Evaluations
Write an essay of 1,000-1,250-words in which you address the following questions:
- How are formative and summative evaluations used in the classroom?
- How are these evaluations different in a K-3 and a Birth-Pre-K learning environment?
- Why is it important to use informal evaluation methods with preschool and primary children?
- How is diagnostic evaluation used in instructional planning?
- What strategies does the early childhood teacher use to assess young students using formative and summative measures?
- What are the names of specific types of formative/summative assessments used in K-3 and Birth-Pre-K classrooms?
To complete this assignment, use the GCU Library to research a minimum of three to five scholarly articles, use your course texts, and interview early childhood educators in your local school or district.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.