Type: Individual Project
Unit: Natural vs. Man-made Events
In this assignment, you will use the course materials, textbook, and Web resources to research historical efforts regarding both natural and man-made disasters. Evaluate the efforts in terms of effective response, preparation (or lack thereof), mitigation, and total recovery.
· Using the research obtained in the first portion of this assignment, select 1 natural hazard and 1 man-made hazard from your Phase 1 Individual Project.
· With regard to the selected hazards, recommend a policy for approval by your city manager (600–800 words).
· The policy should thoroughly address the following categories of efforts associated with the hazards:
· Your policy proposal should address any significant overlaps in the efforts associated with each type of hazard chosen.
· Be sure that all sources are referenced using APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Unit 2 Reading: Natural vs. Man-made Events
· Evaluate the history of US responses to natural disasters and man-made attacks.
· Discuss the differences in planning, preparedness, response and recovery between natural and man-made events.
There is no additional information to display at this time.