Purpose of Assignment
Week 5 exposes students to subjects that are intended to whet their appetites for further study in economics. Students will use the theory of consumer choice and the impact of the concepts of asymmetric information, political economy, and behavior economics, to describe how consumers make economic decisions.
Scenario: You have been asked to assist your organization’s marketing department to better understand how consumers make economic decisions.
Write a 850-word analysis including the following:
- The impact the theory of consumer choice has on:
- Demand curves
- Higher wages
- Higher interest rates
- The role asymmetric information has in many economic transactions.
- The Condorcet Paradox and Arrow’s Impossibility Theorem in the political economy.
- People are not rational in behavior economics.
- Use a Running head on the title page and use a page header on the other pages
- Use a section heading for each topic in your paper
Cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources not including your textbook.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.